Wellbeing and support services

University wellbeing provision

  • The Occupational Health Service is available for advice and consultation on whether work is affecting health, or health affecting work. This can range from help managing stress, to substance dependence and physical and mental ailments related to your work. It also offers travel advice if you are planning to work abroad whilst employed at the University of Oxford. Referrals can be obtained from your department.

  • The Counselling Service provides individual and group counselling for students, as well as workshops to promote good mental health and wellbeing, a peer support network, and advice for parents and staff involved in providing welfare support.

  • The Student Advice Service is an independent advice and information service based at the Oxford University Student Union.

  • The Disability Advisory Service provides information and advice on disability issues and facilitates support for students and staff with disabilities or long-term health conditions, for example, sensory or mobility impairments, specific learning difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions or mental health difficulties.

  • The Equality and Diversity Unit (EDU) provides guidance to students, staff and policy makers across the University to foster an inclusive culture. The EDU supports various staff networks and encourages University members to get involved in national events such as Anti-Bullying Week and Black History Month.

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
– Nelson Mandela